Monday, May 11, 2009

Walls


I have built walls to keep everyone out and I am lonely because of it, but I figure if someone really wants to make the effort to break them down, then maybe they are worth it. I have never fell for lines before. Maybe it was a cockiness on my part. But living here surrounded by some of the worst people I have ever met, I kind of get lonely and not for the one night stand that all guys offer. In november a sweet guy(so I thought) came in and said please let me prove you wrong about men. So, I fell for the line. He was charming, sweet and liked to hold my hand. Which if you know me I'm really not a touchy feely person. And then he said that he just didn't want to talk for a while. It kind of hurt! I don't think I will ever fully trust any man. Every man has proven to just be that jerk chasing after any tail he can get. I like my walls. I might be lonely, but at least my heart doesn't hurt as much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am a single mom also, and I went through the same thing many many times. A friend gave me some really good advice. He said, "Lower you expectations in some areas, and raise them in other." I decided to try one more time, and I met someone really great and loyal!! Have a wonderful day!!

KatBouska said...

Ugh. I feel lucky to have found a decent man the first time around. I can't imagine having to go through the whole dating thing and getting burned by jerks. You'll see though...someone worthy enough will come along and you'll forget all about your walls.