Friday, June 26, 2009

Frosted Mug Friday!!


So, today I would like to start out by paying some respect for those who have passed on. But to continue on...This week I had to go into work to cook. By 4pm the waitress that was on was wondering why the bartender was not there yet. So I went to look at the schedule and no one was scheduled. So I call the manager and she says that the other bartender was suppose to be scheduled and that the boss didn't mark it down. Well the other bartender is extremely hard to get a hold of and we couldn't get a hold of her. The manager was (in my opinion) suppose to come in and cover the shift since I was cooking. She decided to say no and then tell me that I had to do it and the other two cooks(who aren't very experienced) that they could handle it and that I could run back and forth if they needed me. So I got angry but I was nice and said fine! So, everything started out really good. The cooks handled it and I sold a feature drink (mojito) and then the rush comes in and everything is ok, getting a little stressed but the cooks still haven't asked me to go back and help. So, this table of 15 comes in and in the middle of getting all of them drinks the cooks ask for my help. So I finished with their drinks and run back there(just to let you know I just started to learn to be head cook and it was suppose to be my kitchen that night) So I jump right in and so does Johnny the waiter who like to help us cook sometimes. Then they need some drinks and they need them ran to the tables. So I told Johnny exactly what to do and get the drinks and it ended up being quite a bit more than was told but that was ok. So I go back to the kitchen and jump right back in again. Then they need drinks again! So I told melissa to get the manager on the phone I can't do everything. So I get the drinks and then the phone was handed to me and she tells me she wont come in and that I should be able to handle it. So I say fine and hang up. Then Matt finishes with cutting the steaks and I can bartend.(most of the drama is done now) So I go out there and this guy comes up and he seems like a sweet guy. He likes mixed drinks and I was pulling them out for him to try(he only tried 4 total the whole night). But with that table there it was a mad house. I would start at one end of the table and get to the end and the start again! But they ended up sending some steaks back because they were well done and they asked for medium rare and I looked at the steaks and they were well done(yuk!) and then they get them back and they are the same way. I was embarrassed by the whole thing and then I just felt bad. We ended up giving away 6 steaks that night, just because of some people being incompetent! But the sweet guy was 63 years old and ended up telling me about himself and that my son and I could go visit him in kentucky and that he would take good care of us and treat me like a queen. He said that Gunnar could have a horse and he went on and on. He didn't really come across as the creepy ones that usually do that so I took his number(I felt bad just flat out dening him) and he gave me a big huge tip and seemed so happy that I was going to call him. Of course I didn't, he really could of been some crazy person and I am not that dumb! But he made me laugh with one of the things he said! He told me,"I'm 63, I have one foot on the banana pill. If you want to be with me you won't have to be with me that long since I am old and you can have all of my money once I kick it." Isn't that sad, but funny at the same time. And that was my thrilling bar story for the week!

1 comment:

Gamma Sharon said...

One crazy nite! Glad you made it through it!