Monday, April 13, 2009

The Resturant


It's funny, you look at a waitress and you think low end job. What happened in her/his life for her to just want to do that. You can actually make good money doing that. You have to put up with a lot. From the really needy to the just plain jerks in this world. But the best thing about working in a resturant is that the people that work there are so close. We are like a family. All the misfits in there just click. We all have our own different personalities and for some reason we are the closest friends. We have the kids that work there that like to play around. We have the cooks that have all the say, so don't make them mad or you won't get your food when you want it. And then you have the bartenders that are incharge of the things that make the resturant the most money. We like to play pranks on each other. Johnny has no problem in losing his ticket book. He leaves it anywhere, so I pick it up and put it in an obvious place(in plain sight) and it just drives him nuts. Then we go around scarying each other! I'm the best, if you don't include louie!

4 comments:

Gamma Sharon said...

I bet you are the best! You were good at it even as a wee one!
Love ya, Mom

Carebear said...

I never look at a server and think "low end job"! I have the utmost respect for restaurant workers! My sister has been in the restaurant industry for 15 years. She worked her way from server to general manager, but recently went back to server just a couple nights a week. I used to be a server too, and the best part about it is just what you said - the camaraderie between employees. I miss that.

Just stoppping by from SITS roll call to say hi. You have a really cute blog!

Anonymous said...

Kinda makes me want a job now! :) Stoppin by from SITS

Hccm said...

Those were the days! I loved being a waitress, and you can make some great money doing it.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha